Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall


Fall is here...there is a chill in the air, the leaves are turning and it's football season.  I coach a 7th and 8th grade local league, the Aroostook Football Junior Huskies.  Along with two assistants I try to teach the basics of tackle football, blocking, tackling etc.. and life lessons like teamwork and sportsmanship.


 We've had a great season so far, as we are currently 4 and 3.  Yesterday we dropped a close one to Millinocket, a team that thumped us a few weeks ago.  We practiced hard and made some adjustments and only lost by 2, 36 to 34.  The kids were happy and I couldn't be more proud of them.  I love coaching but it is a big time commitment, huge really. 


Fall is really here when the leaves start to turn.  Actually, I looked around today and I think up here they have already started to go by.   Erinn and I took a walk this afternoon and snapped a few pics. 


 These trees are the same ones I tap for maple syrup, so if you look back at those post you can see them in spring.  For whatever reason, the maples didn't really seem to turn red. 



A lot of golds and yellows but the reds are few and far in between.  I know we had a very wet summer, maybe that has something to do with it.


I find it strange that a tree can turn yellow and drop all it's leaves,  and another tree a short distance away is still green.  If anyone out there knows why, I'd love to hear.







It really is amazing to see the leaves turn their beautiful colors.


Erinn took this shot, looks cool out of focus I think.


And what would fall be without pumpkins!  Daddy's Little Pumpkins, that is...



No comments:

Post a Comment