Saturday, December 24, 2011

Herr Drosselmeyer, Christmas Eve

 




Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn't come from a store.

Dr. Suess



Here he is, Cornelius Borealis, finished at last.  I think he came out pretty well.  A special gift for a special girl. 











  One thing that's nice about being a woodworker (and this gets to the Dr. Suess quote) is being able to make things for people that you can't find in a store.  I know, and I am sure that all other woodworkers can speak to this, that this is probably the most rewarding aspect of this craft.  And as the years go by and I am gone, these gifts will mean all the more.  It's memories that make Christmas special, and on that note Happy Holidays to all. 


Note:  I'll get Connie to take better pics next week some time, and will post those pictures as well so check back.   Her pics are magical compared to mine, not even close.

1 comment:

  1. Turned out great buddy! Looks like a very cool gift to give to the Mrs. Wish I'd a thought of that!

    ReplyDelete