Sunday, March 4, 2012

Vineyard Table Part 6


One's art goes as deep and as far as one's love.
Andrew Wyeth














The Vineyard Table is done and I could not be happier with the results.  The fumed oak looks fantastic...it's a rich chocolate brown.  This is a color you can't get with dyes or stains.  One thing I try to do is what I call minimalist finishing, which is to say there are colors that only time can give, so by putting on an oil finish and letting nature work, you will be rewarded. This table has a simple oil finish.

In the third picture up. you can see the slightly different color from the maple pivot dowel and a small red oak patch.  It's weird how fuming works on some woods and not on others.


Note:  I have been putting more pieces on my Etsy shop so check it out.

2 comments: