Friday, November 2, 2018

Old Pictures



She glances at the photo, and the pilot light of memory flickers in her eyes. 

Frank Deford, Everyone's All American



So in the process of sprucing up my blog, I've been looking thru a lot of old pictures and these are some random ones that caught my eye.  It's been a long trip with lots of ups and downs. Yeah. Long trip so far.






Mr Dog...Forrest




Huge moose me and the girls saw coming back from daycare. Not 2 miles from my house in Presque Isle.









A couple Philadelphia Rockers and a contemporary rocker in yellow. Think I painted the contemporary rocker final coat black milk paint mixed with green...which would explain the yellow.




Top view of my Contemporary rocker




Back view of my Rod Back Contemporary rocker




Fan Back arm post showing how they are all wedged. White glue. Before I discovered hide glue







Rod back arm chair I built for my father. This chair was chosen out of a field of 12 to reside at The Connecticut Museum in Hartford. I told my dad about it and he asked, did they pay you for it? 




Sack Back, shadows




Corner of a cherry dresser I built for my daughter. Gorgeous cherry color. If you look closely you can see the divider is dovetailed in to the side of the carcass.





Sack Back bench I built for my old neighbor. If memory serves this is the first piece I used my own turnings on...vase and tulip turnings. Beautiful;l cherry seat.  Maple turnings and white ash spindles and arm and crest.  The legs don't have much splay...not sure why.  Oh I remember...it was going in a tight space a transition between the foyer and kitchen. 




A gorgeous hand smithed hold down from Alaska. He doesn't make them anymore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment