Sunday, May 22, 2011

Time Flies


A little preview of a few pieces I'm gonna have at Wintergreen Arts on June 3rd.  Last time, in December, I showed only chairs.  This time I'm gonna have mostly case pieces, including this blanket chest.  The dovetails really take center stage on this piece.


 The chair below,  a Rodback Arm Chair, is the finished version of the same chair I took to Wintergreen back in December.  At that time, it wasn't finished.  It's also the same chair I made for my father's 70th birthday.


 This Philly Comb Back really will be there,  a lot of interesting details.



Ryan ready for his 8th grade prom, time flies...



Speaking of time flying, here's a display case I made a while back to hold my wife's wedding flowers.  For a couple years after our wedding, the bouquet kicked around and I knew that it wouldn't last long that way  so I designed and built this glass case to hold them for as long as we are together, and longer.  I bring this up because today is our anniversary.  I won't say how long it's been, but suffice it to say time flies.  Thank you Cat and Happy Anniversary.

'Tis a mistake, time flies not, 
   It only hovers on the wing
Once born the moment dies not,
   'Tis an immortal thing.

Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment