Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Table and Chairs

I loved you like a man loves a woman he never touches, only writes to, keeps little photographs of.”
Charles Bukowski, Love is a Dog from Hell





Here is the finished table from the breadboard ends post.  I was happy the way it came out, and the client was very pleased.  Only now, I want to build one to sit exactly where this one is so we can play games.  One thing I should mention, and really should have gotten pics of,  is the horrible scratching that the drum sander put on the top.  I never saw it until the stain went on and then Wow, there it is.



 So, I sharpened up a scraper and had at it.  It only took about ten minutes ( and one blister) to scrape off the scratches and then I sanded it to 180 grit,  re-stained and then varnished.  It's amazing how some things in life that are supposed to save work actually create more work,  like recycling.

 
If, not when, I get around to making a table and chairs, the chairs will be like the hoop-back to the left.  They will tuck under the table and are easy to make, relatively speaking. 

As an aside, if you have never read any Charles Bukowski, you should.  He was a working man's poet, rough, Garrison Keillor said, aptly, that he looked "like a gargoyle" but I love his writing.  Check him out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment