Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Built In


This shows a built-in I built to enclose a pellet stove ( had to do something with oil getting so expensive)  we put  in.  It sat all alone for awhile, and finally I built this surround.  The good thing is the cabinets are on casters, so they can be rolled out of the way if the stove needs to be serviced.  I never realized how out of place the stove looked until the cabinets were done.



Here's a blanket chest/ window seat flanked by closets.  Erinn loves to sit here and read.  Somewhere there's a picture of her sleeping here, I'll find it again.  Put it on my list.  It's a long list.  I like doing built-ins; the thing that amazes me is how quickly people are able to overlook things, like they just become part of the landscape,  like a blue tarp.  And then you finish the project, and all you wonder is why you didn't finish it sooner.  This chest is red birch, hard to find and work, but stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment